This year’s game begins with the WRC Rally Sweden on February 7th. Picks need to be made at www.roadracetracks.com/motorracinggame.shtml by midnight GMT on Thursday (7th) (7 p.m. EST in the U.S.) Please note that this is a change to last year’s timings, when it was midnight Eastern Time in the U.S. The change is made since GMT is the global standard for time, and this is an international game (and it helps programming too).
For the benefit of any new players here’s a quick rundown of the general rules:
– Every week for 43 weeks players pick their top 10 drivers/cars from any of the following series that are competing that weekend (maximum of 7 in any one series): F1, WRC, MotoGP, NASCAR, Indycar, ALMS, WEC, and DTM.
– Where the driver/car finishes in their race determines a player’s points: 50 for a win, 40 for 2nd, 35 for 3rd, then 32, 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20 for 10th, and 1 less point down to 2 points for 28th, 2 for 29th, 2 for 30th, and 1 point each for finishing positions 31 through 43. No points if the driver is not classified in the officially published results.
– Points accumulate throughout the year with the player with the most total points being crowned the motor racing game champion (good for bragging rights).
– If a player misses a week they receive 90% of the lowest score among players who did play (higher percentage during the first 3 weeks to encourage people to join the game).
– No soliciting, but commentary on player’s favorite (or any) series is highly encouraged.
The game is good fun – especially if you are a motorhead 😉
Here’s the link again to make your picks: www.roadracetracks.com/motorracinggame.shtml. Please e-mail me through WordPress or at the pick site for a user-id and a PIN. The default PIN is 0000 (zeros). You can use this default as long as you want, but having your own PIN will help protect you from other people posting picks in your name.